Director of Development-Springfield Office
|Benefits:||Generous Benefit Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Serves as a liaison between the agency and hospitals, health care providers, rehabilitation centers and the medical community to promote agency goals and increase awareness of available services.|
|Duties:|| - Serves as an effective liaison between the agency, the medical community, and other agencies within the service area and maintains an appropriate schedule of contact with such individuals.|
- Maintains an effective system for receiving and coordinating requests for home health care/services and maintains supporting documentation as indicated.
- Assists the physician, hospital discharge planners and/or other referral sources, and patient care staff in coordinating professional and ancillary home care services.
- Delivers orders to physician offices as needed. Assures that physician orders are obtained and documented in a timely manner.
- Maintains a cooperative working relationship with the patient care staff and supports them in the provision of quality patient care.
- Communicates patient status and needs to the physician and receives orders from the physician regarding the patientís condition and advises patient care staff of any new/changed orders.
- Monitors and/or visits all hospitalized patients who are receiving care/services from the agency. Coordinates home health resumption of care/services at the time of hospital discharge.
- Conducts physician, referral source and/or community education as indicated. Assures that community education accurately reflects the agencies goals and objectives.
- Keeps abreast of changes and trends affecting home care services.
|Qualifications:|| - Experience in health care public relations and adequate knowledge of home care providers, the service area and services offered.|
- Adequate knowledge of available services provided by the agency and coverage requirements, i.e. Medicare, TNCare, private duty, Infusion therapy, Hospice, etc.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact well with people in varied and stressful situations.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently and as a team member.
- Must be able to develop strong business relationships within assigned territory.
- Possess a valid driverís license, reliable transportation and current automobile liability insurance to cover personal automobile.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Previous experience in Case Management, Social Work, or Discharge Planning a plus
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.