LPN/Team Coordinator-Rutherford County
|Benefits:||Generous Benefit Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Manages and coordinates appropriate home care services from admission to discharge, for assigned patients. Plans and coordinates the delivery of each assigned patientís plan of care in accordance with physician orders.|
|Duties:|| - Assists with calls or inquiries from any referral source (hospitals, physicians, patients/family members, etc.) and provides accurate and reliable information regarding the requirements for admission to home health care/hospice. - Solicits necessary patient specific information (name, address, phone, insurance, diagnosis, services required, physician, etc.) at the time of referral in order to coordinate care needs and schedule a timely admission visit. - Obtains required billing information and coordinates prior approval to obtain precertification authorization including any co-payments or deductibles the patient is responsible for on admission, when indicated.|
- Establishes and maintains effective and efficient primary care teams and assigns each patient to a primary care nurse and monitors subsequent visits according to the plan of care.
- Coordinates referrals for Special Disciplines (PT, OT, ST, MSS) and assures timely initial evaluation visits and subsequent visits according to the plan of care.
- Provides frequent communication to physicians, visiting staff members and others in efforts to coordinate changes in patient care and assures appropriate follow-up and supporting documentation is done.
- Maintains compliance with all Federal/Medicare/State licensure requirements and assists with preparation and participates in all such surveys. Reports to immediate supervisor any comments and/or suggestions made by a surveyor.
|Qualifications:|| - Licensed Professional Nurse, currently licensed in the state of Tennessee.|
- Minimum two years of home health experience.
- Working knowledge of the home health care program with previous management/supervisory experience preferred.
- Previous experience scheduling home health visit preferred.
- Must be able to provide direct patient care and take on-call.
- Must be able to travel.
- Computer data entry and word processing skills desirable.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.