PRN-Speech Therapist-Robertson County
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Description:||To fulfill the need for in-home speech therapy services to instruct patients in restoring verbal communication.|
|Duties:|| - Provides consultation and/or speech pathology services on an intermittent basis for home visits.|
- Participates in case conferences and/or team meetings as needed or required to coordinate the care of an individual patient.
- Completes initial and readmission visit for patients admitted for speech therapy and develops a care plan within 48 hours.
- Completes home visits to evaluate patientís disability problems.
- Determines treatment goals, develops treatment plan based upon evaluation results and the physicianís orders.
- Consults with other health care disciplines concerned with the patientís care.
- Instructs the patientís family, or substitute family member concerning those aspects of treatment in which they may work with the patient.
- Conducts ongoing evaluation of the patientís progress in cooperation with health team personnel.
- Reports patientís treatment response to his/her physician and changes treatment plans and goals in accordance with the physicianís orders.
|Qualifications:||A masterís degree in the area of Speech Pathology or Audiology from an approved educational institution and a license from the State Board and a certificate of Clinical Competence granted by the American Speech Language Hearing Association.|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.