RN/Director of Patient Care-Springfield Office
|Benefits:||Generous Benefits Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||To fulfill the need for control and supervision of the Home Health Care Program/Office at the community level.|
|Duties:||1. Participates in planning and budgeting for provision of patient services.|
2. Participates as the official representative of the office at all meetings and in-service programs conducted by administration as directed.
3. Monitors staff documentation and adherence to Medicare and/or private insurance guidelines.
4. Monitors admissions and daily documentation timeliness to audit.
5. Maintains staffing pattern which is adequate for providing quality patient care.
6. Assists with accepting patient referrals, completing referral sheet, and assigning initial evaluation/admission visit, assuring that services are initiated as ordered by the physician.
7. Reviews weekly nursing assignment schedule in advance of the following week maintaining staffing pattern which is adequate for providing quality patient care and which assures optimum utilization of nursing personnel.
8. Maintains lines of authority regarding duty assignments, personnel policies, personnel problems and disciplinary actions.
9. Performs admission visits, post-hospital visits, on-call, and/or emergency visits and required supporting documentation, as requested, and/or when the need arises.
10. Submits records and reports required by administration.
11. Coordinates total patient care.
12. Supervises and teaches all visiting personnel, including the direct supervision and teaching of RNís, LPNís and aides.
13. Maintains flow of communication between nursing staff and other departments for coordination of activities.
14. Conducts and writes staff performance evaluations yearly and has conferences as needed.
15. Provides proper notification and/or advance notice of absence or tardiness without abuse.
16. Does not allow personal affairs to interfere with scheduled work time.
17. Participates willingly with special projects and/or overtime work when requested.
|Qualifications:||1. Thorough knowledge of the framework, organization and function of home health care program; and thorough knowledge of the principles and methods involved in planning and directing ancillary personnel. |
2. A registered professional nurse, currently licensed in the state
3. Must have previous Home Health experience.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.